Job Opportunity – CT Technologist
The RURAL Study is seeking candidates for our open Radiological Technologist or CT Technologist to work in Mississippi.
Please see the full job posting
Radiology Technologist – Computed Tomography
Start Date: October 2022
Shift: Day/1st shift (Mon–Fri)
Location: Starkville & Batesville, Mississippi
Full Job Description
Position is for a full time registered Radiological Technologist or CT Technologist to perform Computerized Tomography exams of various anatomical regions of the patient’s body. We prefer the candidate is registered in CT; however, we will take a registered radiology technologist that has CT experience but is not registered in CT. The candidate would ideally be located in Oktibbeha & Panola County, Mississippi. Under the direction of a radiologist, ideal candidate performs radiological procedures (CT) at a technical level not requiring constant supervision and to operate a CT scanner within the RURAL mobile evaluation unit and performs other duties as assigned. This is a high-profile position supporting 16 universities within RURAL. For the qualified candidate, please submit your resume or CV to the contact person below.
Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Radiologic principals/theory and utilizes the most appropriate technique and positioning for optimal procedures/treatments, as demonstrated by procedure/treatment results.
- Develops appropriate procedure plan.
- Implements procedures utilizing established research protocols/guidelines.
- Completes documentation as required to comply with research policies and procedures.
- Maintains equipment, procedure rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
- Participates in research and departmental activities to ensure that patient care is consistent with established standards.
- Conduct baseline interview (chest CT, blood draw, spirometry, Echocardiogram, form administration, blood pressure, anthropometrics).
- Administer first aid including defibrillator.
- Complete all study forms while maintaining strict confidentiality of personal information.
- Communicate with diverse members of the general public while representing the RURAL Study.
- Ability to work with Microsoft platforms including Excel & online survey systems.
- Ability to perform job duties with limited supervision utilizing knowledge and experience for independent decision-making and a high degree of accountability.
- Operate the world’s fastest, single beat Cardiac CT scanner in the world!
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Minimum: Registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists with current Registry in Radiography ARRT(R) or new graduate who is waiting to take the registry. Proof of ARRT (by primary source) must be available within 60 calendar days of graduation. Possess Mississippi State License. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire date.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: ARRT(R); BLS Certification within 14 days of hire; New graduate who will obtain required registry within 60 days of hire; Mississippi State license as required
Minimum: Basic computer literacy skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Position: CT Technologist-Radiology
Facility: RURAL Mobile Exam Unit
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Location: US: MS: Starkville and Batesville
Contact: David Rhodes